By Jordan Malik, MBA/MS & Award-Winning Amazon Pro Merchant & eBay Top Seller

Friday

Why Selling on eBay Still Matters

NOTE: This blog has moved to: http://www.HonestOnlineSelling.com

I know many sellers have left eBay in droves, to sell on Amazon. I'm a big proponent of selling on Amazon too.  But I am finding eBay, as I always said, fills in an important niche for me.

See, Amazon sellers are restricted from selling pre-owned clothing and apparel. But they can on eBay.

You can't sell vintage or one-off items on Amazon (well you can but it's a difficult process and no one's really looking for that stuff on Amazon anyway). But you can on eBay.

Fact is, eBay has a HUGE audience, credit card in hand, looking for that stuff. I am going to give you 3 examples of my own sales to prove it.


1.) Used Coach Sunglass Pouch. I paid $10 at an estate sale, my wife used it for a few years, and then we sold it on eBay (within hours of listing it) for a Buy-It-Now price of $55 (Profit: ~$35). Apparently they are in hot demand.

2.) Used Tumi Duffle Bag. I paid $25 at a yard sale, used it for a few months, and then I sold it on eBay for an auction price of $98 (Profit: ~$50) 'New' Tumi duffles are $300 and up.

3.) Used Size 13 Skechers shoes. I paid $21 total at a yard sale, put them on eBay, and sold the lot for $78.77 on auction (Profit: ~$40. I didn't know folks would buy used shoes at that price but I suspect size 13 is hard to find (?).

So keep your eyes peeled for those items at your local yard sales, estate sales, garage sales, etc.

SPECIAL OFFER UNTIL 2/28/12: A 400+ page e-Guide with HUNDREDS of other similar items to look for at yard sales, estate sales, HERE. 50% OFF ($49 instead of $97 when you use code JBMALIK at checkout). I am double-backing the 100% Satisfaction-or-your-Money-Back Guarantee on this e-book.

No comments: