By Jordan Malik, MBA/MS & Award-Winning Amazon Pro Merchant & eBay Top Seller

Monday

My Worthless MBA (and what I did about it).

NOTE: This blog has moved to: http://www.HonestOnlineSelling.com

If I'm not banned from my alma mater by now, I will be after posting this.

(Note: You're only going to find this post useful IF:
- You're considering pursuing an MBA ($$$) in marketing, and/or
- You provide, or want to provide, mobile/social marketing services for your/other companies, and/or
- You want to get a loyal customer/reader following)

I have always said my MBA has contributed ZERO to my success as an Amazon seller and as an Amazon 'expert.'

That's because most MBA programs are way, way out of touch with giving you truly robust skills to 'win' at marketing today.

Today I get my 'real world' marketing knowledge and skills (my 'mojo') from online experts like Mike Koenigs (I'm a customer of his). And I pay a fraction (or nothing at all) versus the $40,000 I paid for an MBA.

He has a quick, FREE and FUN video series I want you to check out here.

Remember, if you just 'straight sell' products online and you're not interested truly marketing your business, this is probably not for you.

For the rest of you, that link again is here.

Talk soon,
-Jordan

3 comments:

Anthony Alfidi said...

I got my MBA from the University of San Francisco, which is nowhere near the top rankings for MBA programs. It has never opened any doors for me or made me eligible for anything except entry-level jobs. Fellow alumni have even shut me out of their networks because they consider my military background to be worthless. Prospective MBA students should only bother applying to the top MBA schools; othwerwise, forget the MBA and just keep working.

Anthony Alfidi said...

I got my MBA from the University of San Francisco, which is nowhere near the top rankings for MBA programs. It has never opened any doors for me or made me eligible for anything except entry-level jobs. Fellow alumni have even shut me out of their networks because they consider my military background to be worthless. Prospective MBA students should only bother applying to the top MBA schools; othwerwise, forget the MBA and just keep working.

Jordan Malik said...

@Anthony J. Alfidi - I agree, and it's a shame that most (not all) business management academia is, at least for the past 10 years or so, WAY out of touch. MBAs will not be up to par unless there's a revolutionary shake-up of some sort that turns education upside down.