By Jordan Malik, MBA/MS & Award-Winning Amazon Pro Merchant & eBay Top Seller

Friday

Explosive Growth of Amazon Marketplace

NOTE: This blog has moved to: http://www.HonestOnlineSelling.com

Happy Friday, Online Sellers:

Selling on Amazon continues to be remarkably appealing for a variety of reasons. If you are still considering whether or not to start selling on Amazon, now is the time.

First I'll show you 'why' now is the time. Then I'll show you a variety of ways you can get started - some ways are free, some cost just a little bit but are worth the big investment.

Why 'now' is the time:

The image above is from the ChannelAdvisor.com blog. (ChannelAdvisor is an ecommerce industry analyst site/software provider).

The first picture, above, shows the growth of Amazon versus eBay , and versus all other e-commerce sites. Just look at the difference in space between the blue line (Amazon) versus the other lines (e-Bay and E-Commerce). That shows you Amazon is growing in leaps and bounds over everyone else. I'm not saying selling on eBay isn't good. It's just mostly good if you sell one-of-a-kind products, collectibles, and large items like cars.

The second image (just above) shows the growth of 3rd party sellers (3rd party sellers are people like me who sells stuff on Amazon, a.k.a. FBA (Fulfillment by Amazon) sellers and/or Amazon Pro Merchants). The red line is the 3rd party sellers on Amazon, the blue shows the growth of Amazon's 'own' stuff they sell. Not only is the 3rd party seller growth bigger than Amazon's 'own' growth, but it also DOUBLED from 1 year ago. That means that selling on Amazon is becoming very popular for sellers like me. It's popular for a reason - it just works.

I have made 300% or more profit margins by buying new and used toys, books, CDs, DVDs etc. in my region, and shipping them all to Amazon's fulfillment (FBA) center. Amazon does the rest of the work, and I get the major share of the sales revenue from my items. It's that simple. (Note: When I say "300% or more profit margins", I mean (by example), I find a new toy for $5 on clearance at my local Walmart, and I sell it on Amazon for $20. My Gross Profit Margin (GPM) is $15, or 300% of my purchase price ($5). It's that simple.)
 
Now, how can you get in on this? I'm going to show you 4 different ways you can get started.  (Remember, just about anyone can sell stuff on Amazon. You just need an Amazon seller account)

TO LEARN HOW TO SELL on AMAZON for FREE: Download this FREE step-by-step guide showing you how to sell used and new media (Books, CDs, and DVDs) via Amazon FBA.

TO TALK WITH OTHER AMAZON SELLERS for FREE:  Download my FREE guide, "Best Sources for Free Online Help for Amazon Sellers"

TO BE 'HELD BY THE HAND' and Learn EVERYTHING about Selling on Amazon, Take the Proven Amazon Course by Jim Cockrum ($189 and worth every penny)

IF YOU ALREADY SELL on AMAZON but you want to expand your offerings to TOYS and GAMES, Get my 'Amazon Inventory Secrets' Bundle ($27 with a 60-day Full Money Back Satisfaction Guarantee).

So there you go. Make today 'The Day' you get started selling on Amazon.

I'll see you on the other side!

-J.B. Malik, Founder
http://www.honestonlineselling.com/
http://www.fbadeals.com/
http://www.fbafinds.com/
"If you obey all the rules, you miss all the fun." - Katharine Hepburn

1 comment:

Bez Imini said...

One of the reasons there has been so much growth on the Amazon marketplace is that new tools are available on smartphones that let anybody scan an item, see if it's profitable to buy it, then list it immediately on Amazon. Ease of use, no calculations necessary.

I personally use Profit Bandit because it does all the selling fee calculations for you but there's a whole bunch of other scouting apps available for both Android and iPhone